Easy Beach Rates until 30 April 2012
|Total price includes all taxes
||1 Aug 2011-30 Sept 2011
||1 Oct 2011-30 Apr 2012
|Single room (including breakfast)
|Double room (including breakfast)
|Twin bed room (including breakfast)
|Double room + extra bed (inc breakfast)
|Double room with A/C (including breakfast)
|Double room with A/C + extra bed (inc breakfast)
|Kabana with A/C single (inc breakfast)
|Kabana with A/C double (inc breakfast)
|Kabana with A/C double + extra bed (inc breakfast)
|Airport pickup or drop off in A/C van for up to 4 people (please specify if you need a roof rack)
||Euro 85 per van
||Euro 85 per van
- 10% discount for room bookings for more than 10 nights
- We also have one 'budget room' without a sea-view and without hot water which we may make available when we are very busy Oct-April inclusive. Beautifully re-decorated in August 2011, it is a good size with a king-size bed, a fan and an en suite. Price on enquiry, subject to duration of stay and negotiation.
At Easy Beach …
- All bedrooms are sea-facing with balconies with beautiful views over the large lawn to the Indian Ocean.
- All rooms have king-size four-poster beds with mosquito nets, an en suite shower and loo, a ceiling fan and electronic safes.
- We have a really spacious and atmospheric central bar/restaurant area with free WIFI, a stereo system, coffee, cold beers, wine and cocktails.
- We screen classic surf movies and other classic movies in the bar/restaurant, both on a TV and sometimes on a projector.
- For lunch and dinner our chefs – who, like nearly all of our staff, have been with us for ten years - serve up Sri Lankan and international cuisine including delicious curries, grilled calamari, seer fish, Mexican chicken tortilla wraps, full English breakfasts, salads and shakes, cheese-burgers, croissants and pain au chocolat.
- Specials include yellow fin tuna and lobster.
- We have a selection of shaded tables, giant hammocks, swinging chairs and sun-beds dotted around the garden.
- For dinner our waiters will serve you in the restaurant or at your own shaded or candle-lit table in the garden.
- We have a small garden to one side of the hotel where we can arrange for European and Australian therapists to come and give holistic /deep tissue massages.
- We have a selection of long, mini-mal and short surfboards for hire if you have not brought your own (ask via email in advance to check we have one to your spec). There is also one beautiful paddleboard available for experts to hire.
- We sell top quality surf gear including leashes, FPS rash vests, booties, camo-sun-hats, tail pads, fins, nose cones, board shorts, centre, rail and leash plugs, UV caps, wax, water resistant sun-block and aloe vera.
- We have a selection of books, a darts board and many board games in the restaurant.
- We have a travel cot, two high chairs for toddlers and a toy box.
- We offer a laundry service.
Beyond Easy Beach…
In our twelve years experience on this magical island – second only to Hawaii in its biodiversity -- we have travelled the whole country: North, South, East and West, the highlands and the cultural triangle. In so doing we have built up an expert network of contacts. So we can advise you on where to go and what to do, both:
In the local area ...
- Whale watching
- Koggala lake boat trips and kayaking
- Rampart walks, boutique hotel, museum/gallery visits, clothing and gem shopping in Galle's incredible UNESCO world heritage fort
- Bike trips through the enchanted paddy field valleys
- Tea plantation tours
- Rainforest eco-tours with Rainforest Rescue International
- Traditional Sri Lankan curry cookery courses
- Authentic (legitimate) Ayurverdic and spa therapy centres
- Excursions to Yala National Park where we can hook you up with ‘The Leopard Man', Sri Lanka's answer to Crocodile Dundee
- The most interesting exhibitions and events occurring in the province including advice on the Galle Literary Festival which takes place in late January
- Ancient Buddhist temple trips (one within ten minutes walk)
- Jewelry and tea factory trips
- Day-trips to Mulgirigala rock temple which has a spectacular view
- The coolest cafes, bars, nightclub events and restaurants in the area
- The most interesting exhibitions and events occurring in the province including advice on the best events to attend at the Galle Literary Festival which takes place every late January.
- Surfing and surf lessons. Easy Beach is for surfers the equivalent of Chamonix for snowboarders and skiers – we are positioned bang slap in the middle of the most surf-break-rich 10km of the Subcontinent. We have surfed most of the well-known breaks and secret spots on the south coast so we can point you in the right direction in that regard. The water temperature is deliciously warm and the reef and beach-breaks here are pretty consistent from October through until the end of April. We have been nicely surprised during 2011 at how often the waves have been peeling during what surfers traditionally call ‘off-season' too: from May through September. We can't guarantee you'll get good surf at this time of year like we can from October through April, but you may well get lucky. For kids and beginners there is an incessant supply of white water waves to learn on year round.
There are two perilous reef breaks right in front of Easy Beach, only for the brave and expert/advanced level surfers. 3 minutes walk to the left and right there are beach breaks good for beginners, kids and boogie boarders all year round. 2 km to the north of our village, at Kabalana we have ‘The Rock', probably the best A-Frame reef break in Sri Lanka. 4 km to the north is Talpe and then, just south of Galle is Unawatuna, both of which have some interesting reef breaks we can show you. The famous but over-crowded Hikkaduwa breaks are the other side of Galle, about an hour's drive away.
1.5km south of us we have Rhams Right and Lazy Left, which speak for themselves. Midigama ‘Plantation' reef break is 1km after that. 3km further round is Weligama Bay, one of the best beach breaks in the world for learning and long boarders. Stunning Mirissa Beach, which has two fairly good but short and crowded reef breaks is just 2km further southeast, after Weligama. After that comes a good intermediate left hand reef break at Polhena, about a 45-minute tuk-tuk ride away.
As for the secret spots…well, they would not remain secret if we put them on our website. To get to the breaks that are beyond walking distance, take a tuk-tuk with your boards strapped on the roof.
- Have a look at some pictures of the breaks surrounding Easy Beach in our surf gallery here
- Check out a great video re. Easy Beach and surfing in the area made by a guest here
- Link to swell forecast
- Also take a look at other pictures from Ahangama and elsewhere in Sri Lanka here
Further afield …
- We can help you plan trips to Mirissa, Tangalle, Rekawa, Yala, Kandy, Ella, Nuwara Eliya, Sigiriya, Anuradhapura, Colombo, Negombo, Kalipitya, Jaffna, Batticaloa, Trincomalee, Nilaveli, Aragum Bay, Okanda and many more amazing places via trains, sea-planes, public buses and private minivans.
- Just tell us on email what you would like to do. We can then help you arrange the trip and make sure that you pay a fair price.
We look forward to having you with us.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Meg and Phil.
Ahangama Easy Beach
Phone: +94 91-2282028
Mobile: +94 777-903720
Easy Beach Terms and Conditions:
Payment: Easy Beach gets very booked up so we require a 25% deposit to guarantee your reservation. Full payment is required within 30 days of your arrival. If a booking is made less than 14 days before your stay, then payment is required in full at the time of booking. We will send you the details, the amount to be paid and suggested secure means by which you can relay your credit card details to us upon confirmation of your reservation. There is a 3% charge for all credit card payments.
If you wish to pay by wire transfer from your bank account into the Easy Beach Account, we can provide you with our bank account details and SWIFT Code no problem. Please note that you must pay all charges in case of the transfer.
Exchange rates are based on live on-day rates at the time of your payment.
Of course, if you decide to come and stay with us last minute, we will always be happy to accommodate you if we have rooms free and you can just pay us the full amount agreed on when you arrive.
Cancellation Policy: The initial deposit is non-refundable. Cancellations within 30 days of arrival results in a 50% charge whilst cancellations within 14 days of arrival result in 100% charge of accommodation and services. We will always strive to be flexible and if we are able to rent the accommodation for the cancelled period, cancellation charges may be reduced to 25% or a credit voucher allowed for costs of a stay in future. We recommend that you take out comprehensive travel insurance covering cancellation.
Limitation of Liability: Easy Beach accepts no responsibility for any loss/damage or injury to any guests or their property during their stay at Easy Beach.